cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how safe is Abexo

firefly2
Grafter

how safe is Abexo

I did a system restore via Abexo about week ago and AVG has found a trojan virus in it....
stack of letters and numbers  on the alert but on the AVG it showed virus DB 270.5.10/1586. i have deleted it with the option on the alert.
went into where it was stored and it has now gone...
has anyone else had this alert ???? what a mess that may have left !!!!
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: how safe is Abexo

according to AVG it only came out yesterday
see http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-update
firefly2
Grafter

thank-you ... have looked at the site. am wondering whether the 1586 on AVG is different to the alert that appeared on the screen. .. none of the numbers compare.. it had about 36 digits plus dashes etc..
went away and  i thought it had gone but the notice flashed on the screen again.
i deleted Abexo but something still remains as the search  has just shown two others.. hm !!!
stumped now ...
firefly2
Grafter

sorry to keep bothering you pierre_pierre but when AVG does the daily scan it includes " 74 warnings" ...
can they be accessed and where are they to be found Huh there doesn't seem to be an option to look ....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thats alright my dear.
first the log
right click on the AVG icon in the system bar, open user interface then click history, scan results.
as mentioned on other threads. to do a system restore, and stop it bringing back your old rubbish.
see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,67050.msg537228.html#msg537228
firefly2
Grafter

ah... thank-you pierre_pierre. very kind.. have looked where you said and just the two for today infections removed... i got into vault somehow earlier too.. i forget what i have clicked when i have done it .. what a nitwit.. will get onto the system restore site when finished this .. and thanks again.. Smiley