Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long for changeover?

v3burn
Dabbler

how long for changeover?

Hey Guys,
I started the change over procedure online on 6/3/13 from Sky Fibre to PlusNet Fibre, does anyone know on average how long it takes for the switch over?. I don't need a visit from Openreach as its all done so I was hoping it would be done in under 2 weeks. any1 had this changeover done and how long did it take?

thanks Cheesy
16 REPLIES 16
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: how long for changeover?

Hey v3burn,
I've had a quick look into this for you - For some reason the system hasn't been able to place the order and hasn't kicked a failure ticket for us Sad
With it being a weekend, there isn't much that we can do at the moment. However, I'll flag this to our Digital Care team to pick up for you first thing Monday morning.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and delays caused by this.
Regards,
Matt
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can they also check this one as it may be the same problem http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/f/4221418-change-over-times.html
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Thanks Oldjim,
I will make a note of that one too Smiley
Regards,
Matt
Apprentice
Grafter

Just a wild guess but maybe the OP on the tbb forum and the OP of this thread might be one of the same???  Undecided
v3burn
Dabbler

yup u got it right, I like to have varying opinions as certain forums have fanboys and only tell you what the company want you to hear....
Thanks for all the help  Cheesy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Embarrassed Embarrassed
v3burn
Dabbler

Quote from: Mattz0r
Hey v3burn,
I've had a quick look into this for you - For some reason the system hasn't been able to place the order and hasn't kicked a failure ticket for us Sad
With it being a weekend, there isn't much that we can do at the moment. However, I'll flag this to our Digital Care team to pick up for you first thing Monday morning.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and delays caused by this.
Regards,
Matt

Hello Matt,
did you find out how my order was progressing? I only had 0.01mbs download speed from my Sky 40mb Fibre last night, so you can imagine I am keen to be switched over a.s.a.p.
Thanks
v3burn
Dabbler

Tried phoning helpline but can only get automated message, looks like I'm going to have to try the sales number to actually speak to someone.
Doubts starting to creep into my mind as to whether PLUSNET are any better than Sky!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'm chasing this up to get the latest update and I'll be in-touch soon.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
The original order was not placed as when we tried to do this it stated that you we're not fibre enabled(I know you are) so we've escalated this to our suppliers to get this booked in ASAP. We'll get an update within the next 48 hours hopefully sooner rather than later.
I'll take personal ownership and see you through this install to make sure we progress as I would expect to from here.
Chris
v3burn
Dabbler

thank you.....
as soon as you can will do for me!
Smiley
v3burn
Dabbler

hi,
I got the router sent through the post yesterday, the order tracking page has been updated but that is all that seems to have happened, it says still checking your line.
Any further forward with a changeover date as its been more than the 48hrs you quoted a few posts above...
if things remain difficult perhaps I should look elsewhere for my broadband...the order was placed on the 6th...we are now 22nd and still nothing? I doubt that anything will happen now until next week and before we know it, it will be April.
Please advise
thanks
v3burn
Dabbler

OMG,
Just got off the phone as No info coming from PlusNet and have been told that the earliest changeover date they can give me is 11th April, in my opinion this is totally unacceptable, 5 weeks to change a simple broadband service? I don't even need an engineer to visit my property as I already have Fibre, albeit doesn't work after 5pm!
why has / will it take 5 weeks to change? I just cant get my head around this, now i'm thinking I have made the wrong decision in PlusNet. this is not a good start to an 18month contract!!!!
is there any chance someone from PlusNet can deal with this????
By the time I get it installed Sky would probably have fixed their broken broadband!

Please Help
v3burn
Dabbler

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi,
The original order was not placed as when we tried to do this it stated that you we're not fibre enabled(I know you are) so we've escalated this to our suppliers to get this booked in ASAP. We'll get an update within the next 48 hours hopefully sooner rather than later.
I'll take personal ownership and see you through this install to make sure we progress as I would expect to from here.
Chris

was hoping that I would see some sort of response, but it appears I am getting the same old nonsense as I was getting from Sky...No answers and what seems to be stalling because they haven't a Scooby what's going on!
Why is it always me that gets the problems and no one to sort them...
was hoping for so much more with PlusNet but same S@#T different name!
seriously considering not going with PlusNet and tying myself to an 18mth contract from hell!