cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home plug advice please

scootie
Grafter

home plug advice please

hopefully the guys an girls that i remember buying and using these are still about the forum to offer some feedback as am thinking of getting a couple to hook my spare xbox up staris to use a media extender, i was going to get a wireless adapter but for the price you pay for microsoft one it would be better to have somthing i can use on stuff other than the xbox.
so about the 50 quid mark for a pair of the cheap end of homeplugs, any one used the basic models?
http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline-pl-85pe-mk2.htm
3 REPLIES 3
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: home plug advice please

yup!  I've got two sets operational in two different locations.  They do a splendid job Smiley  For just a bit more (About £56 IIRC) you can have the option of a Wireless endpoint as well as slightly faster speeds.
Go for it- is my opinion.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobboulby
Grafter

I'll second that. We've got our PS3 hooked up using Netgear HDX101s and it works great. I picked them up second hand on eBay for around £50 the pair.
Bob
seanbranagh
Grafter

I have 2 rather cheap ones in the form of 4 port switches just because I wanted to try them. I wouldn't say I get anything close to the 85Mb through them but that is probably down to my mains wiring. Anyway they work really well for internet access.
My cousin has offices with several computers spread throughout a large old house converted to offices. He also uses the homeplugs without issue even for file sharing.