Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help please for 2091 router

mac
Grafter

help please for 2091 router

just a quick one
am trying to help a friend connect for the first time  ( set up )
when he types in the address http voyager home the box comes up he puts in his username and password and connects
but it says only to be connected with  the bt isp or words to that affect. plusnet sent this router.
I think you will find that the 2091 will only work if your ISP is BT. There is a way out of this though. It involves installing software from another router supplier as the hardware is the same.
this was taken from another forum for someone else.  any help thanks 
8 REPLIES 8
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: help please for 2091 router

When you opened the box with the 2091 router in, you should have had a couple of leads, and also a large sheet of paper, disguised as an "easy install" with pictures and words..... (not intended to be sarcastic)... If you follow that it should be quite easy to install..... I think you have to install using the yellow ethernet cable first, then do your wireless bit afterwards, using the code on the label on the bottom of the 2091.....
Hope that helps.... Smiley
mac
Grafter

thanks for reply i have been doing this for him over the phone he is 75
but like i said when he connects it returns saying bt isp not on this line or something could this router be lock only for bt and needs to be flashed.
shutter
Community Veteran

I got mine from Plusnet........... and no problem........... I have a BT line............ Your friend???  has he a BT line?  Further than that, I think it is a case of him calling plusnet customer service direct.....
James
Grafter

Hi there,
When he goes to http://voyager.home and enters his username as "username"@plusdsl.net is that when he gets that message?
mac
Grafter

yes got it from plusnet and a bt line it maybe him doing something wrong am going to try and get to his house to sort it out later
mac
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi there,
When he goes to http://voyager.home and enters his username as "username"@plusdsl.net is that when he gets that message?

yes
mac
Grafter

my friend phoned plusnet they sent the wrong router its locked only for bt isp only customers  great he spent two days getting online
good start for a new customers new equipment being sent hope he gets it soon.
i recommended  plusnet lets hope the problem is sorted soon.
shutter
Community Veteran

Bit of a shame that...... sometimes it is the "silly little things" like that , that give a good company a bad reputation...... and you can guarantee, that if he/she gets any more problems, this one will spring to mind immediately with an "oh no, not again"  Cry
Glad to know he/she got in touch by phone, and got it sorted though.... Smiley