cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me complain!!!! Please

SidSnot66
Dabbler

help me complain!!!! Please

What is the best way to complain about my phone and broadband service?? I dont mean my provider, i mean my infrastructure.My line really is archaic and everyone i know has either 10 20 0r even 50 meg broadband and im seriously peed off at only having 2 meg. Last year i e-mailed my local MSP who spoke to B.T. and he claims that they say it will be upgraded soon, but didn't give him a timescale , i know MSPs are used to working to a "soon" timescale but im not, so does anyone have any tips
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: help me complain!!!! Please

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that you have been having problems.
Realistically any complaints that you make to Openreach or Wholesale (including those made via your MSP) will come to me and I'm afraid that I don't have the power to essentially ask BT to rewire your entire telephone line.
However, looking at the line itself (I just ran a quick check), the noise margin is a bit on the high side.  We can try resetting this as long asd you understand that there is a possibility that this could make your connection start dropping (if that's the case it should stabilise after a couple of days). Let me know - this may be the best you can get though, I'm afraid.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You've said there is an issue with phone and broadband. What is the problem with the phone? Is there background noise (dial 17070 and take option 2 for a quiet line test)? If it is noisy is it still noisy when the router is unplugged. If so keep pushing that as a telephone (voice) fault without mentioning broadband. If you get that sorted the broadband should improve without any further intervention.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Do you have any old/unofficial telephone extension wiring on your line? We had performance problems on our line which we eventually tracked down to illegal wiring added on the BT side of the wiring. It had been left by the previous occupants.
Is the line to your house underground or in the air to a phone pole?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.