Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphics card

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

graphics card

I need a new laptop and from what I can see they are pretty much of a muchness...... Shocked I've always had dedicated graphics before but they look to be mostly integrated now .
Can any one tell which is best between a AMD Radeon HD 7570M and a Intel HD Graphics 4000 please
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: graphics card

According to http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html the AMD, by quite some margin (position 195 over 249 for the intel). Depends what you're doing with the laptop though and what the rest of the specs are like - the 4000 is still fairly capable, will play some games and is more than enough for standard usage etc.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Matt normal for me is vector art and photo editing - nothing very demanding but I've always been a belt and braces type of girl!  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If that's the case I'd save money on graphics and get more RAM, possibly HD space as well but chances are it'll come with plenty and USB storage is cheap enough for backups etc. The HD 4000 will be more than good enough for vector art and photo work, I mention RAM because that's usually what speeds those programs up (especially since the Intel onboard graphics shares system RAM). The more the better.