cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

garmin 360T and best phone to bluetooth with it.

owlguard
Grafter

garmin 360T and best phone to bluetooth with it.

Hi,I know im probably out of order putting this question on here but we have some smart guys and gals here,so here goes.I have a 360T garmin sat-nav and at the moment i have a samsung D600,which works with my sat-nav.Ive just got a G600 today,ive tried bluetoothing it to my sat-nav but it doesnt look too good,i must say.Can anyone give me a clue as to which mobile phone will work with my garmin 360T.I did hear that nokia seemed to have phones which will blue tooth but i dont want a bad phone which is only any good to bluetooth with,ok i know,i want it all.Can anyone help,i know its a difficult one unless someone loves there sat-navs and is an expert on mobiles as well.Kind regards and sorry,zap my question if im out of order,no harm done.ray.
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Re: garmin 360T and best phone to bluetooth with it.

Moved
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Ray,
If no one else can help you I will try and ask my son tonight. He is a motorcycle rider and uses a mini Bluetooth sat-nav unit (in his backpack) to communicate with his Nokia mobile, the mobile then gives him directions via a plugged in headphone.
I know he has set up similar systems for his friends to use in-car so he may be able to offer some advice.
Regards, P.
owlguard
Grafter

Hi Pendragon,im sorry i havent replied but just sorting out visas for chernobyl kids but thats another story.
            Kindest regards for the reply,ray.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi Ray,
Have had a chat to son and he read your message, also looked up the sat nav on Google. He assumes (the mother of all mishaps) that you are using the sat nav to be the host for hands free dialling and talking etc.
He suggests if you are thinking of changing your phone any of the ‘N’ series Nokia phones will communicate just fine with your sat nav unit. You might also need to check any ‘headset’ settings in your phone to make sure the phone understands the sat nav is acting as a ‘Bluetooth headset’.
That’s all he can suggest for the moment.
Regards, P.
owlguard
Grafter

Thanks again the dragon,i think i tried everything with the g600.I do beleve and i hope im not kidding myself here but im nearly positive that i made sure id conected properly,including the headset handsfree option.I sent it back and ive ended up getting a samsung e900 and i like the phone and when i bluetoothed it up to the garmin,it was like greased lightening,so im happy enough with this phone and thanks.When all said and done there only phones and it works.Sorry again for the delay replying,getting visas and everything is a pain in the butt but there on there way tonight and now our chernobyl child is coming with his wife and there daughter Anastasiya,which is wonderful for me and the wife.Thanks to you and your son,kindest regards and merry christmas when it comes.ray.