Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fyi windows update today 14th june - very slow initial reboot

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

fyi windows update today 14th june - very slow initial reboot

I got 3 win7 updates today so not sure which one but they made my laptop painfully slow during initial reboot.  On the very first windows animated screen my laptop it got stuck from what I saw and thought it had crashed.  So forced a power off/reboot with it again stuck at same place.  Then got annoyed and went made a coffee and got back to windows finally loading, so if stuck on initial reboot let it run.

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
2 REPLIES 2
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: fyi windows update today 14th june - very slow initial reboot

It would have been the malicious software removal as that scans your PC for malware on a monthly basis.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: fyi windows update today 14th june - very slow initial reboot

I had a similar problem just start happening from nowhere on my other machine a few weeks ago. It was fine and then suddenly one day it would take 15 odd minutes for the HDD light to stop being solid and let me login.

After another spell today and giving up on remote desktop, I got in via VNC and noticed that microsoft security essentials was hard at work taking up lots of ram and using the disk like it was desperate. I ended the svchost process and the disk usage stopped instantly.. so uninstalled and rebooted.. nothing again yet.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!