fttc

richierich007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

fttc

hi all
can anyone give me an idea when my cabinet will go live for service
all of the work carried out by openreach was finished yesterday
is this a matter of weeks before it goes live, I asked the engineer working on it and it seems he didn't want to let me know , why all the secrecy with bt, they give v little away
anyway guys as this must been asked a few times when am I expecting to go live, also 1 lastother thing is it 1s come 1st served as who gets the service as the cabinet will only have so many slots
5 REPLIES 5
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: fttc

Hi,
Unfortunately we're not provided any more information by Openreach than what's available to the public. The best sites to check the availability for you are:
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
Hope this helps!
AndyH
Grafter

Have you tried your local council's superfast broadband team?
richierich007
Grafter

hi lynn & andy
ive been checking them sites for months lynn and soon as the stated date arrives it keeps getting pt back 6 months (which its been doing for 18 months now) now showing july-dec2014
andy ... yeah 3 weeks ago I asked my local council to find any dates out from OR and the reply back was end of june14 , and still nothing
ive seen on another site that if u put your ear on the new cabinet and if u can hear a fan then the cabinet is at least powered up, which ive done (nobody looking lol) and can hear nothing
so now its just keep checking on the bt site everyday then bingo
richierich007
Grafter

well if anyone is still interested a tiny update ..... which is i can hear a fan spinning inside the new cabinet , hopefully going through its final testing stage
richierich007
Grafter

fab news all at long last my cabinet this morning has went live and the order has been placed with plusnet
£14.99 a month happy with that works out the same price over 18 months as the deal for 12.99 for the 1st 9 months then 20 quid
being installed next thurs , 31-7-14, will let you all know what i think of it compared to my 2.5/0.3 new est speeds 70-80/19-20
happy now Smiley
long gone are the days of 56k dial up and silly phone bills  Cry