cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free dvd burner programmes

cws

free dvd burner programmes

I` m looking tp download  free dvd/cd burner software,  does anyone have any experience of the many currently on offer ? Any no no`s ?
Help would be greatly appreciated.
CWS
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Re: free dvd burner programmes

if you only want to burn complete disks  imgburn is excellent (it doesn't support leaving a disk open)
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=news
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Infrarecorder. The best I've found, bar none. Does everything Nero does, doesn't install music players/libraries/video players/wave editors/label makers that you don't want meaning the installer is less than 5mb. It's brilliant Smiley
http://infrarecorder.org/
cws

Thanks for the prompt replies guys, some help & direction there.
CWS
mentalist3d
Grafter

Cheers for the link orbrey, been looking for a decent alternative to Nero. I use Nero at the moment but find it far to bloated for my needs Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

also check out cdburnerxp  I have been using this for the past year without any problems and no adverts to bug you.
mentalist3d
Grafter

Does cdburnerxp or Infrarecorder let you burn a .avi and .srt file together (.srt is for a subtitle file). Anything I've found on Google seems to be a complicated affair of downloading a lot of software to hard encode the film and subtitles, then export to another program, etc. I.m just looking for a quick solution that lets me add the two files to DVD quickly and then it does the rest, thanks.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 10

DeVeDe (Windows & Linux) allows you to do this.
It's not quick for burning to CD/DVD as you need to perform a conversion from avi to DVD - which takes loads of resources.

mentalist3d
Grafter

Cheers for that, I'll have a look the now Smiley
The wait doesn't bother me, I'm used to waiting an hour odds for nero to convert lol