cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firefox autofill

timberwoody
Grafter

firefox autofill

When I previously used I E I used a facility that automatically filled in my personnel details, name,address, email address, into the boxes when I purchased anything from the internet. Now I use FIREFOX I am unable to do this. Can you please inform me if the facility exists in FIREFOX and if so how to use it!
Regards
TIMBERWOODY
5 REPLIES 5
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: firefox autofill

Download an addon called Sxipper, it will do a job similar to that
http://www.sxipper.com/welcome
pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont have that trouble with mine and I havnt got that add on, do you clear the cache etc when you close it down?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

timberwoody
Grafter

Many thanks BIKER 955 and other replies. I have now installed SXIPPER but have not tried it yet!
TIMBERWOODY
atbs1
Grafter

@ timberwoody. We bought licences fro a prog' called Roboform. I haven't tried SXIPPER.  Because we have so many passwords we keep that data on our D drive - in the eventuality that there is a system crash or wipeout - thereby keeping safe and regularly backed up. If you have a situation where you have to re-install the OS then you will most likely have lost your browser stored data.  Another tip: create My Documents on another drive, apart from the OS, copy all of C:\My Documents to D and install TweakUI - available from Microsoft, then tell it where your special folders now are. It then allows you to save to My Albums, My Pictures, to D; unlikely to loose the data from there (Ihope) in the event of a re-install.  However, come what may: BACKUP, BACKUP and BACKUP.