cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eyboard has gone crazy

owlguard
Grafter

eyboard has gone crazy

Hi there,my problem is that if i press my kK on my keyboard,it doesnt wor .It has took me around an hour to find out that to type a capital K,i have to put my capslock to lower case and press the key below with the arrow on it,for it to work.Visa versa for the small k,caps lock to higher case,press key below.I havent a clue whats going on.I have tried the regional and language settings and ive put them both to uk settings but to no avail.Any ideas anyone.
                                                      kind regards ray.

10 REPLIES 10
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: eyboard has gone crazy

a) Tip the keyboard upside down and shake it. Seriously.
b) Get a new keyboard.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pierre_pierre
Grafter

can be had for less than £10
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

As long as the OP is not referring to a laptop Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

still possible through USB, got one for my EEpc - got podgy fingers
owlguard
Grafter

Hi lads,ive put the hp wired keyboard,i got with my pc when new,on the system and its working fine,i can decide at my leisure if and when to get a new keyboard but this wired one is fine for now,as long as i didnt mess the other keyboard up and i could have just press one button again to fix the problem,then its better in the old dusty bin or wherever you put them now the green route is the right route.kind regards for your input.ray Smiley
artmo
Aspiring Champion

If this is a wireless keyboard try putting new batteries in it.  I had intermittent problems which were solved with a couple of Duracells Cheesy
owlguard
Grafter

Artmo thanks for that mate,being an obstroculus tyke,i was buggering about this morning and thought is it possible the batteries have gone,that was after uninstalling my hp wireless keyboard and putting the cd in for the drivers to be reintroduced properly.Put new batteries in and everything touch wood is doing the business.Just one question,ive put some powerful rechargable batteries in the keyboard,wont do any harm will it.????Huh
                                          kind regards again mate and up the owls.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Glad it worked Owlguard.  I've never used re-chargeables in my keyboard but can't imagine it will cause any problem.
BTW, living in Essex now but originally from your part of the world.  born in the East Riding.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Rechargeables are generally lower voltage, 1.2V vs 1.6V so it just depends how the electronics react to that.
On the other hand they also tend to have lower resistance/impedance so in many cases it doesn't matter much.
owlguard
Grafter

Thanks again for the info about battery voltages HPsauce and thanks again brother tyke,for the battery answer in the first reply.                                    regards ray.