cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event viewer

archibald

event viewer

In my event viewer every day and sometimes several times a day is the following:
DHCP Error 1002
The IP address lease 192.168.1.2 for the network card with network address (long number) has been
denied by the dhcp server 192.168.1.1 (the dhcp server sent a dhcpnack message).
This is not my IP address....is there anything for me to worry about. Am an oldie.
Thanks for reading
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: event viewer

What Operating System are you using?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
archibald

Hi Strat..................XP not a laptop. Am a novice
archibald

Just checked network connections, that is my IP address....wasn't the other day when using SHIELDS UP.
Maybe that was a router IP address it was checking.
Often get "you have a plug disconnected", but have only this comp. Computer works OK just this message in event viewer.
Until yesterday only had plus net router and windows firewall, now have Comodo and lots of anti malware spyware etc.
All compatable and one off using .  No Tea timer or the like. Only Spyware blaster.
Thanks for your interest
artificer
Grafter

go to the start menu and look for cmd under accessories in the menu.  when you find it, run it and type in ipconfig.  this will give you the ip for the computer you are using.  is it the same as the one being refused?
techguy
Grafter

When using a router, the address allocated to a connected machine is always in the 192.168 (private networking) range, this is known as Network Address Translation (NAT) and allows PCs or other devices on a network to share a connection and provides a little bit of security because the Internet sees the router and not the individual machines.
When the lease is denied the stack should request a new one, so this is nothing to worry about but is always recorded in the EV
FYI, the one reported by shields UP is one from Plusnet's IP pool which has been allocated to your router on a fixed or dynamic basis (dynamic ones change every couple of days)
archibald

Yes Artificer, that was my Ip address.
Many thanks to all much appreciated.Nothing to worry about until the next worry  Smiley
Vaguely thought I was being hacked.
techguy
Grafter

Nothing to fear from computers
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

....only irate users Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
techguy
Grafter

absolutely strat
archibald

Treasuries  Cool