cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails sent to USA not being received Outlook 365 / gmail

davidmcooper

emails sent to USA not being received Outlook 365 / gmail

Help please I'm non-technical.

For the last 12 months I have been using MS 365 outlook with Gmail without problems on two PCs.

This week emails sent via outlook have not been received in the USA. Outlook show the emails in Sent and there are not any failure messages.

Sending the emails direct from Gmail works OK.

What could have changed - where do I start looking?

Thanks

David

PS The outgoing mail server setting is for relay.plus.net/  port 25.

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: emails sent to USA not being received Outlook 365 / gmail

What do you mean by "using Outlook 365 with Gmail"?  Are you using the full Outlook product on you PC to receive Gmail emails?

Are the ones not being received being sent to a Gmail user?  Where an email receiver is located is generally something agnostic to mail services.

If you are sending from a Gmail address, why are you using Plusnet's SMTP servers?  You should be using Gmail's SMTP server, for Plusnet's relay service will not be an approved mail sender for @gmail.com

Something which used to work in the past, do not longer as Gmail started applying non-mandatory protocols in an heavy handed and random manner in late 2022.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.