cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email problems

hulls
Grafter

email problems

Is it just me, or have there been email problems over the last couple of days?
Both yesterday and today, I've had problems sending emails (although they're coming in ok)

The error message reads "unable to connect to the server ... error number 0c800ccc0e"
John
4 REPLIES 4
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: email problems

That error is associated with your outgoing SMTP server settings (thats why you can still receive). Could you please let us know what email client you are using and what settings you have for the outgoing mail server
Jeff
geewizz
Grafter

I had that yesterday, some message about smtp and the mail appeared to fail. I'm not sure if it sent so i forwarded a copy of the mail and that went ok.
I am using Outlook Express on Windows XP. I'm on Option 3 and was sending using a domain name which is not hosted by Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

No issues I'm aware of. I'd commonly expect to see an error like that when antivirus/security software is having a moment.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

hulls
Grafter

Thanks Guys.
It has been working fine, and I haven't changed anything recently.  I restarted my router and it all went ok.  Could that have caused a problem?
I find that I have to restart the Belkin router every few days, or I start to lose sync with my desktop.
John