cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email multiple accts

Blephdave

email multiple accts

My wife and I use Thunderbird on our 2 PCs,, with our addresses being myname or hername at username etc. Recently her PC (my old 'Tiny' castoff!) started playing up so we thought it would be a good idea to duplicate her settings on my PC so that she can use that for her emails. However it just does not seem to work! We get asked for passwords which are not accepted etc and generally we get into all sorts of bother.
We bought a laptop (Vista) originally to take on an impending cruise for backup for photos/videos. Should we just admit defeat and put her details on that? Also it would be nice to have some sort of email facility while we are away from home.
Any sort of help on the above would be greatly appreciated by a couple of 'silver surfers' (altho I've lost most of my silver along with my brain cells I reckon.)
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Simon_M
Grafter

Re: email multiple accts

I'm just in the middle of another job, so no time for a full tutorial right now, but don't give up because it's certainly possible.
You can do any of the following:
Two separate user accounts on the PC, each with their own Thunderbird profile.
One user account, two separate Thunderbird profiles, one email account in each.
One user account, one Thunderbird profile, two separate email accounts within it.
I have one profile collecting 12 different email accounts, some consolidated into the 'Local Folders' Inbox, others going to their own set of folders.
Chose the option that suits you & I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. It largely depends on how difficult you want to make it to read each other's emails.  Smiley
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Hi Blephdave,
Here is a link to what I think you are looking for. Guide here.
Hope this helps Smiley
Blephdave

Yhanks for help gents. I.m busy getting the laptop up to speed but you have sent me off in what I hope is the right direction!
Ta again