Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email from addressbook friend goes to junk in local folders

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

email from addressbook friend goes to junk in local folders

I use Thunderbird as my email client. In PN i use mailboxes and have filters set so that messages from folk who are not in the addressbook are directed to the Junk folder. I can extract the few genuine items and add them to the address book.
Yesterday, however, an email from an addressbook friend went to the Junk folder, because I was not the first named in the list of folk he was contacting.
How can I ensure that such emails go straight to the appropriate maibox?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: email from addressbook friend goes to junk in local folders

In the Thunderbird rules I suspect to have the "To or cc" option selected with "is" selected from the middle box - changingh that to "contains" might be all that is needed.
However, you've probably found that another problem with this is if you are sent an email as a BCC it does not pick up your name.
If on the rule, instead of selecting To or cc you add another header using the Customise option (at the bottom of the list) called Envelope-to and put your name in there it should also pick up the BCC.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@jelv Smiley In fact the sender had not used the Cc or Bcc option, but recipients separated by semicolons. Does that alter ypur reply?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No, both methods should work.
Contains will find a match wherever it is in the list.
Delivered to is added by the Plusnet email server and is only ever the one address which identifies the email address that copy of the email is being err... delivered to.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)