Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email clients

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: email clients

@Oldjim wrote:

When I looked at moving my better half's emails from XP and Outlook Express to Win 10 Thunderbird seemed to be the only one which did what was needed so the real question is - what will be the effect of it no longer being supported given that it works and does what she wants

I think in your case, leave it well alone is she is happy. If you change it you'll get a telling off that she doesn't like the new client and preferred the old one, and why did you change it scenario. Knuppel

Being a bit more serious, the only thing you've got to worry about is software not being supported and an exploit being found. Main thing I guess is your contacts are any personal information being nicked.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Since the PC is fully protected (Kaspersky paid version) I doubt that will be a problem

At least a lot less of a problem than the various android tablets where Google are sticking their sticky fingers in uninvited or Win 10 assuming I didn't manage to stop all the reporting back (Note to self - check settings after the upgrade to Creators Edition as a apparently it can change them)

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes with the error reporting stuff behind the scenes stuff it is only to get feedback for free.
Rather than employ x number of testers which isn't.

Same as when software companies allow you to test Beta software.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Is there anything still live here you could use?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.