cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay, pay pal account setup

scootie
Grafter

ebay, pay pal account setup

ok my GF has bein very stupid and brought an item off a brand new seller with 0 feedback.
its not an expensive item, just a small present for the kids, but the payment has bein taken from are card yet the seller and the ebay payment paid icon are saying paypal havent bein able to verfiy the payment as there paypal account hasnt bein setup fully ie verfiyed.
message from seller
paypal would not let me finish setting up my account untill i had sold my first item , this should be sorted today, if you really want a refund thats fine but you still need to wait till my paypal is done for me to refund it, i understand the money has left your card but its not showing in my ebay till its registerd my bank there is no more i can do i will post this item later today if all is sorted. contact me back please

i set my sellers paypal account up many moons ago and i just remember paypal transfering a few pence to my account which i then told them how much was transfered to verfiy the paypal account.
dose any one else here think its strange that they belive they needed to conduct a sale before there paypal account could be verfyed.

am fuming over ebay at the moment, i left my GF to it and shes brought 9 items and only one has turned up, yep nice and cheap but you spend ya hard earned time sending messages all the time, i cant see whats so hard for sellers ive done it my self and was sending out like 5 items aday at one point with very few issues
12 REPLIES 12
Be3G
Grafter

Re: ebay, pay pal account setup

It seems to me that the seller (being new) isn't quite 100% certain about what's going on, that's all. I doubt that anything untoward is going on, as if he was trying to con anyone he wouldn't have replied back with the fairly detailed explanation you quoted. Give him a chance – everyone's got to start somewhere.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

As I said in another thread I'm happy with my dealings with ebay and Paypal.  This does seem strange what has happened in your case.  Is it worth an email yo Paypal outlining your concerns? Hopefully they will reassure you everything is in order.
scootie
Grafter

ive sent loads of messages deaitling how i set my pay pal account up, but they flat refuse any of it and keep saying pay pal needed them to conduct a sale.
i think its very rude of a seller to start an auction before being able to take payment, there is alot of great sellers on ebay dont get me wrong, but GF has come across 8 out 9 of the worst there is  Roll_eyes most items have bein sent so they say and one paid for on the 27th has yet to even be dispatched.
out of the 9 6 sellers have completly ignored any messages sent to them asking for confiration they have bein sent and if so why i havent the bein recevied.
looks like ive got to take the £50 hit over crimbo and cross my fingers i can get some refunds sorted
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Looks like you will have to contact ebay dispute and resolution centre.... which will take time....
send a message to the seller(s) stating that if you have not heard from them within 24hours, that you will be contacting Ebay dispute and resolution seller, which will severely damage their reputation, on the feedback scoring.....
If no response.... go for it, with all guns blazing.....get all your facts together, work out the wording very carefully, back it up with your emails if possible..
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I think you have to wait a minimum time before you can use the dispute procedure - can't remember how long it is. 
scootie
Grafter

cheers for the advice guys.
either way its stuck money for the time being and am going to be busy for the next week. so the items either turn up or they dont and those sellers items that dont will be geting asbo dog with his rant hat on, stuffed under it will be all the current rules of paypal ect
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Sounds to me like he does not have a clue or either that hes a con artist,as in the first post these rules still apply when setting up paypal,wait for some pence,see what they are etc,this transaction should never of been allowed.Hope your not a victim of a scam,especially at this time of the year and regardless of how much.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
scootie
Grafter

the icon on the info in ebay still says waiting for payment to clear, so i doubt that it is a con
Be3G
Grafter

Ah-ha, perhaps that's the clue. You've paid using a funding source that doesn't clear instantly, so the seller is having to wait a few days for cleared payment before he'll post your item. Except, being new, he thinks that the payment clearing thing is because he's not yet verified his PayPal account with his bank account. So, I reckon, nothing to worry about.
scootie
Grafter

all other payments to other sellers cleared instantly and today 5 items from 5 diffrent sellers turned up, so its all to do with the sellers account
scootie
Grafter

just logged into ebay to find this seller has now taken payment and sent the item.
i think my rant to them last night explaing how a pay pal account is really veryfied made them see they had missed that step out when setting there paypal account up
think i will be kind and leave a posative feedback due to the seller keeping in contact at all times, and the delay being that there a new seller
am not allways a nasty pit bull  Smiley
just one item thats not bein dispatched yet and still no contact back from the seller in other a week, now that is a negative
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Good news Asbo Dog.  As you say it looks like inexperience on the part of the seller. Smiley