Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early life photos for a fiftieth

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: early life photos for a fiftieth

@Luzern  ok  .. did a test print on the 6x4 photo paper... with three sheets in the tray.... first go, it reported no paper,  so gave the paper tray a quick "in and out"   and then no problem printing.   Used the print control on my laptop, not the one on the printer.  set the paper for 6x4 and photo glossy,...  set same on the printer,... also use "other" for  both, as previously mentioned.

Did a diagnostics, and test print... see pics

DIAG 001_653x600.jpgDIAG 002_645x600.jpgDIAG 003 Printing_614x600.jpgDIAG 004  TEST PAGE_800x583.jpg

shutter
Community Veteran

@Luzern Am assuming that, as there was no reply, or further info, that you have given up on 6x4 printing !

Probably not worth taking it in to "some guy" who would charge about five times the price of a new printer, just to give you a price for fixing it ! ! ..

To save you that bother....... you may find the answer on this site...

https://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

Haven`t used it for years... ! ( since my HP Deskjet 840c ! )...  but worth a look..... Cool

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

It has been suggested that  part of the problem may be the print head, that could have been disturbed, when the printer was dropped.  I'm waiting an opportunity to deal with, old clothes and help, if needed, for this crinkly. 

BTW after toiling through the link, the MG6800 series is not there.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
shutter
Community Veteran

Oh !  OK... well that save me looking if I ever needed it ! .

Roll_eyes