Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail puzzle

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

e-mail puzzle

I use google mail and wished to set up an an additional account using my plusnet web mail address and thunderbird. The aim was to be able to click on thunderbird to retrieve the mail in my plusnet mail.
For some reason when I try to set up the thunderbird installation and input my plusnet details it seems unable to find the plusnet account, yet if  I Install thunderbird it has no problem in finding and using my Gmail.
Clearly I am missing something simple here, please advise
We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: e-mail puzzle

you could get google mail to retrieve your PN mail for you, under accounts and imports.
That's what I do for 3 other accounts then all my mail is in one place whilst also have discrete mailboxes too.
Circumvents your issue rather than solving it though
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

My aim was to use the googlemail for friends and other relevant contacts and use the Plusnet mail for all these sites that require you to register and then bombard you with junk, the thunderbird account would then save me logging in to the plusnet mail each time (yes I know i'm lazy)  If I link the plusnet mail to my google mail that would defeat what I am trying to achieve. Unless I have misunderstood what you are telling me.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
Not applicable

Presumably you have checked and double-checked the settings for Plusnet?
Can't say exactly what they are because mine are Force 9 which is mail.force9.net/smtp.force9.net
CLICK HERE for further info.
Also, could it be anything to do with your antivirus email scanner?
There is no reason why it shouldn't work so if you are 100% sure that all is set up as it should be, then perhaps give
CS a call to see if there is anything amiss at their end.