Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download speed, what happened!

amcclean
Rising Star

download speed, what happened!

wow.
I have just downloaded my website for backup purposes and the full 70mb has come down in about 5 to 8 minutes. Before today it's taken at least 30 mins to do this i'm synced at 3500. is nobody else using the internet or have pn brought on more capacity?
only wish my upload was as quick.
P
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: download speed, what happened!

Hi Podman,
I'm glad you've seen an improvement but we really haven't made any changes for this to happen faster!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Many will know I had some problems with my setup, and speed, about two months ago, and I did various things suggested. Result was not noticeable, However, I went on holiday to Wales for two weeks (four weeks ago) and switched off my router whilst away. On return I switched it back on, and did a speed test to find that it was about 1.1 meg  (pretty much the same as before I went away)..... since then, I have done a speed test every couple of days, just for something to do (!) and it has improved gradually...... Now I am on 1.5meg..... (about 10 minutes ago,1600hrs approx) so I hope to be up to at least 2.5 meg by christmas, and after that........ well.... the sky`s the limit at this rate !  Cheesy
Urien
Dabbler

339 kbps!!!
Does anyone else get such dreadful download speeds from PlusNet? It seems that BT have capped mine at 1Mb, although I'm being charged for "up to 8Mb" and BT themselves say my line is capable of speeds of 4.5Mb.
130kbps!!! - Nov. 15 2008