cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dont know what to do

mistymel
Dabbler

dont know what to do

ive had no connection for 5 weeks from my old bt voyager adsl to new zyxel-390sei modem router-plusnet say its not them bt says the line is noisy but thats it - while waiting for bt to ring back, i just plugged my outside tv aerial in and the internet came on but i get about 2 mins then disconnection- i dont want to pay £200 for bt to call and say no fault. ive installed and reinstalled a dozen times both modems neither will connect so it cant be them the modem router worked initially
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: dont know what to do

Hi there,
If you have:
- Changed filter
- Changed router
- Connected to master socket via filter with all other telephony devices detached.
And it still doesn't work, then you have a fault and we need to get a BT Engineeer out.  Yes, there is a £144+VAT charge if it is your equipment at fault, but it really doesn't sound like there is in your case.
mistymel
Dabbler

thats what i thought the line is really noisy i can barely here it. ok i'll leave it up to them thanks
James
Grafter

Hey again,
Is the line really noise when you have all of your broadband equipment disconnected and just your telephone plugged into a filter?
radiohouse

Quote from: mistymel
ive had no connection for 5 weeks from my old bt voyager adsl to new zyxel-390sei modem router-plusnet say its not them bt says the line is noisy but thats it - while waiting for bt to ring back, i just plugged my outside tv aerial in and the internet came on but i get about 2 mins then disconnection- i dont want to pay £200 for bt to call and say no fault. ive installed and reinstalled a dozen times both modems neither will connect so it cant be them the modem router worked initially
The_10th
Grafter

You look to have eliminated the hardware (two different pieces of kit), unplugged all phones, replaced bandpass filter, and used master socket. The fact that the line is audibly noisy - that is reason for an engineer for a simple 'voice' and not data fault!
Have you spoken to the BT helpdesk on the 0800 number using the phone line causing the problem as they normally carry out remote diagnostics firstly?