Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dg834g v4 power adapters

scootie
Grafter

dg834g v4 power adapters

my old dg834g v4 died a week ago.
i have just got my self a new dg834g v4 from currys but it was a returned item and had been opened all items are in the box.
But the power adapter is diffrent from my orignal one.
I have used my orignal power adapter for the time being as i dont want to risk the new one being the wrong one (ie the people who returned it replaced the proper adapter with diffrent one)
pictures below of the diffrent power ratings. if any knows what the case is or newish owners of dg834g v4 can confirm its a geniue power adapter for this model.
my previous dg was brought a year ago
thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: dg834g v4 power adapters

Mine was bought in Sept 2008 and it is like your old one
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

They're both 12v DC 1 amp with positive tip. Can't see a problem.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

The first pic is an older style transformer type power supply - consumes 0.2A @ 240V (it says), so it will run quite warm.
The 3rd pic is a switch mode PSU which should be much more efficient.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

scootie
Grafter

cheers guys.
i did kinda think it was o.k
but for a little extra time it takes to double check here i thought it better than frying another dg in the space of week Crazy
seanbranagh
Grafter

As Strat says there should be no problem so long as the output voltage is the same and the max output current is more than or equal to what the router needs. We sold a range of universal supplies when I worked for Maplin Electronics. The main thing to wach for with these was the polarity as it can be changed. Your supply is fixed with positive tip which is what you need anyway.
I replaced the supply on my Linksys WAP54G some time ago with a universal one after the original broke. I remember from Maplin that this seams to be a fairly common problem with Linksys products.
As for the DG834, this is what I have. It replaced a Dlink DSL 504. I have the power supplies in a sort of permenant fixture on the wall. As the power ratings were the same with both routers I just left the old Dlink supply in place and plugged it into the Netgear. It has been running happily like that for a long time now.