Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

destop

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: destop

So if you open IE then click on one of the links does it open a new IE window half size or a new tab in the existing window
tynygongl
Grafter

Oldjim,
Anything I click from IE opens full size in new window (I think!) well, it's certainly full-size
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I suggest going to one of your short cuts - and right clicking and select properties which of the following types do you see
tynygongl
Grafter

The one on the LEFT.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Try this http://blog.chron.com/helpline/2006/05/how-to-set-internet-explorer-window-size/
How to set Internet Explorer window size
Q. When I open up the Web from any source, including shortcuts, it comes up in a reduced size and I have to click on Maximize to get the window to its full size. I have closed the windows in every way possible that I know of including File, Exit. But nothing changes. How can I get my Web pages to open up in full size?
A. Programs like Internet Explorer will open to the same size and placement as they were when they were closed. The gotcha is that clicking the X in the upper right corner of the application does not officially close the program. That just exits the application quickly.
If you want Internet Explore to open full-size when you start it up, you must first start IE. Then maximize the window. Now click File, then Close. Now restart IE, and it should start up in a full-sized window. If half of the window is off the screen when you start a program, bring the window to the location you want and then click File and then Close, and it will re-open in this position the next time.
Changing the size of windows that appear when you click on an Internet link takes a few more steps.
Open Internet Explorer. Now open another instance of Internet Explorer so that you have two running at the same time. In the second one, right-click a link and select Open In New Window. If the new window does not start in full screen, simply resize the window by dragging the edges out to the sides of the screen. Do not use the max button.
Close the first window by selecting File, then Close. Now close the window you just made full size. But close it by holding down the Control key and selecting File, then Close. Do not release the Control key until the window is closed.
Now close the last Internet Explorer window. If you do this right, the settings will stick. You may or may not have to reboot, depending on your operating system.
tynygongl
Grafter

Thanks for result; in fact I looked at the site you quoted from and found a download called jiisoft.com IE maximizer. I downloaded and it works, however I thought I'd try your solution and uninstalled, but it said it wouldn't uninstall completely but I could do the rest 'manually'. I would not know how to do this and the program has disappeared from the installed list BUT it still seems to be working so everything now comes up full-size. Whatever, job done, although I don't really like having to use an add-on to achieve something which should work in the first place.
If you have any advice that you think I should have, I'd be grateful, otherwise thanks again for all your help and patience,
tynygongl
Grafter

Oldjim,
Sorry, I'm back with my half-size problem!! After saying I couldn't uninstall jiisoft.com, I found that on next booting up it had in fact gone. So I tried your quoted solution. It says click on File then close. When I click on File it comes up with further optionseg. Add site, F11 full screen, save as etc. but no Close. One last try with any further suggestions/explanations then I'll use jiisoft and leave it.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It means Click here and then Exit at a guess - see picture
tynygongl
Grafter

I've just tried that - 3 times but it has had no effect. I'll go tyo jiisoft and stop taking up your time. Thanks again