cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

desk top screen face

firefly2
Grafter

desk top screen face

was working on the pc earlier and it suddenly turned itself off. not power cut. everything else okay....
when i turned it on a short while later the left -hand side of the screen listed the contents of folder " my documents" and although dragged screen to the left it has not completely filled the screen.....
the folder " my documents"  has not moved...i
can you help re deleteing the list please. the list came on a white background.
hope do not seem to have lost anything when it turned off. thanks  Huh
8 REPLIES 8
artificer
Grafter

Re: desk top screen face

do a reboot.  the power loss may have scrambled the system and a reboot might just sort it out.
firefly2
Grafter

thank-you for reply. no different today. hesitant to get rid of items as they disappear from the doc folder on desktop too....
clicked on some thing before closed down and it turned the list into a square with a cross in rh/corner...thought.... great but it informed me that i was getting rid of a task bar. so left it
it was at the top when closed but at side now.
when i drag the screen to the left the list travels upwards.  it is currently 1/4 inch.
if i  r/click on  the word documents there is an option [ close toolbars ] ...just wary getting rid of anything in case i cannot find it again. [ hoping that this doesn't sound a muddled explanation ]  Embarrassed
firefly2
Grafter

hello,, me again. received the toolbar "q" again so risked getting rid of it as docs were opening up. it's worked !!!!!!!! hoooorah !!!!! am quite relieved thanks.  Smiley
artificer
Grafter

excellent.  you'll soon be downloading livecds and exploring linux at this rate.  keep being brave.  it pays off handsomely.
firefly2
Grafter

don't think that i will be downloading much as only on option 1 BBYW. was that a back-handed boost???  hm!!!! i think you are taking the mike.    Grin Smiley Grin
artificer
Grafter

not at all.  exploring minds need to explore.  pclinuxos minime 2008 is 300mb.  that too much?  i don't know the limits of bbyw 1.
firefly2
Grafter

thank-you professor.. don't think that i can forsake windows. heard unless linux bought installed----not easy get along with. got 3.00ghz-512 mb---- so jog along with that. [u settle for the easy life at 92 !!!! ] bbyw = 1 gig.
what a difference an "R" makes by the way.  Grin
artificer
Grafter

you don't have to forsake a thing.  livecds allow you to boot a complete system from the cdrom, without interfering in any way with your hard drive.
i'd guess that at 92 i'd want to be taking it easy too.
keep having fun.