cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corsair h50 water cooler

wacky17
Grafter

corsair h50 water cooler

I have been wanting to buy the corsair h50 for ages and was wondering if anyone on here has one in their rig? I maintain my pc by cleaning it inside all the time just to get on top of things as well as formatting every three months so the performance is at its best for gaming ect. With this hot weather we have all been experiencing my temps on the stock fan are on idle 39-42c and when playing say bc2 are 54c, so has the corsair h50 made any changes in temps for you?
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: corsair h50 water cooler

That's crazy, a mate linked me to an ebay auction with one of those in only yesterday - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIAN-LI-PC-A05NB-Maximus-III-Gene-Corsair-H50-Bundle-/280527689502?cmd=ViewIte...
Granted not ideal if you don't want the mobo or case but still.
I run water cooling, in fact am about to add a second loop for the graphics but yes this hot weather is really not helping. I started with a thermaltake all in one kit (basically the same as the H50 but probably not quite as good) on a socket 754 athlon64 and temps dropped from 50-60 degrees down to 30-40 so yes it'll make a difference for sure.
wacky17
Grafter

Hey matt i was looking at the thermaltake all in one kit but it would be the first time i have installed a water cooling unit in a rig so im a little worried about leaks ect that why i have choosen the h50 as it  already sealed for you so you dont have to keep topping it up.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can't remember if the thermaltake was ready sealed but leaks aren't that bad - just run the loop outside the case (or in the case but before you put all the components in) for a while to make sure it doesn't leak anywhere.
Bear in mind with the corsair, if you mount the rad/fan inside the case it'll be pulling cool air over the radiator into the case so may be blowing warmer air in. As such you need to make sure you've got a decent exhaust fan in there. Shouldn't be too bad if it's only cooling the CPU though.
wacky17
Grafter

I did think of that but i have a antec 900 case so the im hoping the 120mm fan on the top will solve this problem or i could even mod the case like other people have done in the past where they cut a hole at the back of the case so the rad sits outside the then use a push and pull sysytem.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

To be honest you probably won't get that much heat from a single CPU so should be fine, and knowing the Antec 900 you're not going to be lacking ventilation there - should be fine inside the case. If you're really worried hang it off the back (I think there's ready cut holes for water cooling tubes anyway), that way the warm air from the rad is away from the case and the warm air from the case isn't being blown over the rad either.
As I said though, unless you're looking at cooling the chipset/graphics as well as the CPU I don't think you'll need to worry too much.