cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cooperative bank websites

techguy
Grafter

cooperative bank websites

Did anyone have slow access to the co-operative bank's websites earlier today http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk and http://www.smile.co.uk as tried to do a bit of banking before I left for work and it took ages but the secure sections seemed to be ok
main sites come as IP block being Energis UK which is of course Cable and Wireless and secure sections identify as Cable and Wireless)
Anyone else or was it just me.
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: cooperative bank websites

from other comments, Barclay and Goldfish, same problems
techguy
Grafter

Saw the comments and news about Barclays (Barclays own Goldfish too now which was bought from Lloyds by Morgan Stanley)
Maybe people are just hitting all bank sites (or at least their transit providers)
Cheers for the response though.
Not applicable

No problems here - I logged onto Smile this morning (although it was early a.m.).
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

smile works ok for me just now
techguy
Grafter

Yeah seems to be ok (though am at work so cant verify on my PN connection) but was prob the lunchtime rush.
Just wondered if anyone had similar issues around that time (12.00-12.30 ish)
Thanks for your reply though
Not applicable

Egg has been fine for me the last couple of days, also Lloyds, Halifax and Virgin (MBNA Europe) also been OK here both days.
techguy
Grafter

Could have been a transit bottleneck (on their side), sheer traffic volume or just a couple of dodgy servers that need a reboot (though I'd imagine that main sites run on a cluster)
Anyway all working now.