cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comodo is driving me to distraction

owlguard
Grafter

comodo is driving me to distraction

Hi everyone,im using the latest comodo security programme,3.8 downloaded today after uninstalling my older updated version.I am getting all sorts of files coming up as,viruses or malware.I have been on the comodo web forum site and there are a lot of people going crazy about it,they are telling people there are all sorts of false positives but my problem is im scared im allowing things through,even after thoroughly reading there help pages which says if you know and trust the website ignore once or put it into your trusted files.Any thoughs about this would be apreciated.I have got xp service pack 2 with the s.pack 3 update but by the looks of it,the problem lies with the new version 3.8 comodo cis.
                                                                                                regards ray.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: comodo is driving me to distraction

Have you tried disabling the heuristics or putting them on a low level as that is almost certainly causing the problem
barky
Grafter

you had comodo on before? latest version is an upgrade - don't think it should need any uninstalling @ all - should it? - anyone know better here?
I've got comodo firewall on my PC here, had it since before the anti virus came bundled into the internet security package (there is an option to have just the firewall in the CIS install I think) - have disabled the defense+ part ... gives no bother whatsoever
I run a separate anti virus - which throws up no FP's
owlguard
Grafter

Hi and thanks for the replies.I have the heuristics switched to off at the moment oldjim and to the ,i shouldnt need to uninstall,just taking note of the forums and gave it a try.I would prefer to keep to the one setup if possible but if things dont improve may give  a seperate firewall a chance.
                                                                                                    regards ray.
Not applicable

Ray - if it's any consolation I too tried Comodo, although only the firewall - it also drove me to distraction.
Uninstalling the thing was a pantomime.
Recently installed Kaspersky and so far so good.
techguy
Grafter

Comodo is ok, its the defense+  (should be called paranoid) mode that causes the issues.
Not tried the AV though, Avast! is best IMO.
owlguard
Grafter

Smiley    Thanks poppy and everyone else for the thoughts about this problem,i will give it a spin for a day or 2 more and maybe change things if it doesnt get any better.    thanks again,regards ray.
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi,
Have been using Comodo for ages with absolutely no problems.
I did 'update' to a newer version some months ago and that was problemmatic - went back to the older version and it behavs impeccably.
I run Version 2.4.18.184
Incidentally I use Avira Free AntiVir for anti virus - works well.
John
owlguard
Grafter

Hi John,i have 3.8 comodo cis and what ive done is kind of uninstalled the antivirus part of cis from the add/remove programmes and put my avast antivirus back on my pc.I believe this to be working perfectly,no fp at all with the avast and ive done 2 full scans over the last 2 days.I will put the antivirus part of my comodo 3.8 back into my pc only when they sort out this at comodo.
                                                                                                ray.