Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing packages

albert
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

changing packages

I joined Plusnet about 9 years ago. Since then our daughter has left home and our usage of BB has dropped significantly. So I have moved away from my original Option 3 account (£19.99 per month) to a basic package (which includes phone calls).
I have ordered a new router as, as far as I could tell, my original one would no longer work.
My questions are
a) do I need to tell my current phone provider that I'm switching to Plusnet phone provision?
b) will I still have any web space. (I don't use it much but it would be nice to know).
c) will I still have my personal domain name that I was given as a 'bonus feature' some years ago?
Sorry if this is all on the help pages but I spent quite a bit of time trying to navigate around them and I kept going in circles.
TIA
Alb.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: changing packages

I assume that by a basic package you mean Value
Quote from: albert
My questions are
a) do I need to tell my current phone provider that I'm switching to Plusnet phone provision? That isn't necessary but once you have moved it would be a good idea in case the automated notification fails
b) will I still have any web space. (I don't use it much but it would be nice to know). Your existing web space should still be there but I would raise a ticket saying that you want to retain it
c) will I still have my personal domain name that I was given as a 'bonus feature' some years ago? Yes - see above
Sorry if this is all on the help pages but I spent quite a bit of time trying to navigate around them and I kept going in circles.
TIA
Alb.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

It wont hurt to get a new router £4.99 P&P charged via a credit card for some obscure reason.  If you stay another year that is all
What makes you think your old one wont work?  the only case would be if you are moving to Fibre
I still have the web space and a small program, also a very nice address from the security leak, userrname.me.uk, also on Value
albert
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks, guys, that's really helpful.
I thought that I would need a new router because the product description page said that routers more than about five years old probably wouldn't work - sorry, cannot remember the reason why. But at £4.99 it's not too painful (especially given that I'll be saving about £13 per month on my BB package - except when my daughter comes home!)
I'm sure others have experienced this - since she went to uni our fuel bills have gone down about 40%.
Alb
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

the product description page said that routers more than about five years old probably wouldn't work

We'd definitely advice a new router in that case. Let me know if you have any further concerns or questions.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team