cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capture card

morgan2476
Grafter

capture card

I have a conexant 2388x video cpture card.  It works great when i am transfering from my camcorder, but when I try and copy from a video player all I get is a B&W image, does anyone have any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
samuria
Grafter

Re: capture card

Is it every video or just some? Have you tired other video players like Vlc free from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
this is great and does all sorts of things or there is Gome from
http://www.gomplayer.com/main.html
It could be the codec that the movie is playing or the player trying another player and another video may show up which it is.
You could try other settings as it could be a hardware issue if its a big film it could be taking to much cpu as its playing and recording at the same time.
Why are you trying to capture what you all ready have? just edit it?
suesykes
Grafter

Some video's have protection that makes them give a bad copy.
thejudge
Rising Star

What sort of connection are you using between your camcorder and the card? Some camcorders and VCRs can't output in colour through certain types of connection.
morgan2476
Grafter

When i connect up the camcorder i use the white/yellow audio/video cables directly to the capture card.  when i connect up the video i use the scart adapter.
thejudge
Rising Star

Quote from: morgan2476
When i connect up the camcorder i use the white/yellow audio/video cables directly to the capture card.  when i connect up the video i use the scart adapter.

I can't vouch for this directly (because I haven't yet bought the connecting cable I need to feed the VCR through my new PC), but  I believe that many SCART sockets don't support S-video very well, resulting in b&w output.