Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i order a new router

roberkwild
Dabbler

can i order a new router

hi all,
just wondering can i order another router from plusnet just as a spare, or can i only order one if my one has troubles, i thought you can, all you do is pay P&P
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: can i order a new router

I'm afraid not, the routers are not free for us to purchase so we would only send one out as a replacement, new signup, or recontract.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
roberkwild
Dabbler

thank you,
just because my gf's dad is with plusnet and he has the old thomson one, so he couldnt order a new one from yourselves?
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Have a look at other threads on here. Most seem to settle on getting a ex BT Hub 5 on eBay. Cheaper and good functionality. PN's offer is good for just P&P but not full price  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

I have looked on eBay and they range in price from £5 to £36.  But I am a little confused.
The PlusNet Thompson router has very limited range in an old cottage with very thick walls.  Would a BT Home Hub 5 have more range, I wonder ?  I do note that I can often see neighbours' BT routers listed with a stronger WiFi signal than my own !
Also what is the difference between a Home Hub 5 A and 5 B, if any, in terms of performance ?
And finally, some of them say "fibre router".  Do I need to have fibre to use them ?
Thanks.  Any advice appreciated.
mav:quote