Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera video feed help

gunsmoke
Grafter

camera video feed help

Hi everyone
I'm looking to get the feed from 4 cameras (with BNC type output) onto PC screen.
I'm not looking at recording or remote viewing or anything like that, just to be able to display the video feeds onscreen.
Win7 64bit OS
I was hoping to find a PCI card that could do it, but the ones I've seen advertised all seem to either not work with Win7 or 64bit OS
Anyone got any pointers on where I can look?
Thanks
GunSmoke
7 REPLIES 7
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: camera video feed help

I've done this sort of thing to transfer old VHS tapes to digital format.
Used an old spare Hauppauge TV card that had an appropriate video input and their WinTV software.
You'd need to check for suitable drivers of course.
Is it just one at a time, with an external switch, or do you mean that you want "split-screen" viewing?
In which case you want something like this (but with 64-bit drivers): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150573658433
gunsmoke
Grafter

thanks
thats the sort of card I've been looking for, but they dont seem to be win7 compatable (well, not without buying one & seeing if it works)
Its the split screen type of thing I'm after
GunSmoke
picbits
Rising Star

Get a cheap(ish) Maplin 4 channel DVR with a VGA video output - I picked one up for £99 a year or so ago and it will happily display 4 live feeds at a time. There is no PC needed then Wink
Alternatively you could use something like an Avermedia DVR/CCTV card - I may have a spare one for sale if you're interested but we'd have to check it supports Win7 x64
Be wary of the cards that state 30fps total or similar - you'd expect them to manage 30 / 4 fps on a split screen but often with the switching overheads involved, you can be down to 2fps with a quad display.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I wonder what this is like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-200fps-Security-Digital-Capture/dp/B00ADIRAOI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_t...
A couple of people seem happy enough with it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
picbits
Rising Star

Looks pretty reasonable although the resolution is a little low.
Mind you - my CCTV consists of webcams streaming at 720p so I'm a little spoilt in that department. I also have a lower resolution (but higher dark sensitivity) camera on a dedicated PVR as backup in case the server recording fails.
gunsmoke
Grafter

thanks for spotting that Strat
I'd guessed there might be win7 64 drivers, but that was the first place that gave a link.
Anyway, one is now winging its (slow) way to me from China now I hope, so I'll let everyone know if it works
GunSmoke
OshB5
Grafter

Hi
Iv see a USB version of the one that is linked to above but only 4 cams though. infact I have one a USB one version but it has had that much use over time the names have been rubbed off so cannot trace it that way. I will keep looking for you and let you know.  
I used to use it plugged into a 10" acer when setting up small covert 4 camera systems before plugging the cams into the hidden DVR
regs Osh
Doh found it on same site
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005OFKXXK/ref=dra_a_cs_lb_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21