cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buzzing router.

northwayk

buzzing router.

I have followed advice from previous emails regarding the buzzing noise from the router, and having switched off 5Ghz my connection is as useful as a chocolate teapot, so much so that I cannot stream one programme on one device, let alone connect more than one device without having my connection slow dramatically. Exceptionally unimpressed with my new fibre connection with Plusnet. Never once had problems with my previous supplier, shouldn't have changed and can't get out of my contract now for 18 months. Any help or advice for stopping the buzzing without having a super slow and unreliable connection? The connection was poor with broadband dropping many times a day prior to changing hub settings.
2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: buzzing router.

@northwayk The router noise is common with the Hub 1 when using 5GHz Wi-fi, there is nothing you can do about it. Plusnet say it is within acceptable levels.

The answer is to get rid of the useless router, a lot of Plusnet customers use the BT HH6 which is a better device, there is a thread in the Router forum board explaining  how to set it up on a Plusnet service.

northwayk

Re: buzzing router.

Excellent, wish I had known this before signing up. I'll try swapping hub then, thanks