cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyaniplate.co.uk

michaelscott
Grafter

buyaniplate.co.uk

Is this a cowboy outfit or what? I've made the mistake of handing over £15 of my money to them. The site promises an email on dispatch and delivery within 1-2 working days. Two days later I haven't even got the email, nevermind the iPlate. I can't find a contact address or phone number on the site, which I'm sure is required by law. I've been conned, haven't I?  Angry
Does anybody know a reputable place I can get an iPlate from?
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: buyaniplate.co.uk

It should be reputable given that Liam is running it but there are a number of recent problems indicating that something has gone wrong.
michaelscott
Grafter

Who is Liam? I haven't been on the boards for what seems like years now Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

He is a member of the user group - I have flagged this thread and the one on TBB to MauriceB over on the usergroup forums and he is going to try to contact him.
This is his profile
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4628
michaelscott
Grafter

Thanks Jim  Smiley
Mark
Grafter

Hi Michael.
I've sent Liam a text for you to let him know. I'm sure he'll get it sorted for you.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Oldjim
He is a member of the user group - I have flagged this thread and the one on TBB to MauriceB over on the usergroup forums and he is going to try to contact him.
This is his profile
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4628

I have dropped a PM to Liam, but not had a response yet.  I do know that he is busy and may be away on business.  I'll keep trying.
At this stage I believe there must have  have been some local problem - Liam is quite reliable and I doubt very much if there is any long term problem
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hulls
Grafter

Just had a quick look at the site.  I'm sure Liam is very honest and trustworthy, but the site doesn't comply with the Ecommerce Regulations on a number of counts, including the requirement to have a trading address.  Regulations aren't always sensible or logical, but this highlights why these regulations exist, and why an address is a requirement.
John
Oldjim
Resting Legend

michaelscott
Grafter

Thanks for all the help everyone. I just received a refund via Google Checkout, so at least I haven't lost my money. Is there anywhere else I can buy an iPlate?
My line (58dB) here at uni syncs at around 1100Kbps,  but this goes up to 3000Kbps in the test socket. The connection is shared between four students, so we could definitely use the extra bandwidth Cheesy
Oldjim
Resting Legend