cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt voyager 210

firefly2
Grafter

bt voyager 210

hello, should the USB light on the router be lit please ? [ other four are lit okay ]
on 31st August my broadband was down and was told  by phone it was the usb lead.
by today, fed up with waiting for response i got hold of a new one.
am obviously now connected but usb light remains unlit.
also learnt by e-mail that i am now on a new year contract for new router
think it may have been misunderstood reason why all lights were unlit when phoned today.[although had explained that had disabled it earlier on in the week.
thanks 
[ by the way, in the reply will you tell me the price of the new router, thanks again
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: bt voyager 210

have they changed your Package?
you should be able to get a router from james for the princly sum of £6.99 Post and package on deferred cost, i.e. if you leave within a year you pay for the router
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I imagine the USB light should be lit if you are using a USB connection but not if you don't.  You can use either a USB or an Ethernet (network) connection.  If your computer has a network port I would advise you to use the latter and only very old computers do not have a network port.  As I remember, the Voyager 210 is supplied with a blue USB cable and a yellow Ethernet cable.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the USB speed even USB2 is a lot slower than ethernet as well
firefly2
Grafter

thankyou both >  Pierre_ and ReedRichards.
package still the same and informed by e-mail that 12 month  payment reinstated etc. thanksyou for all of the info.
it is an ethernet connection have used so that prob solved too thankyou.
router just arrived but haven't opened it.
as package states order date 4th when had phoned 31st August, it seems no action was taken then
won't mention his name but he didn't sound awfully friendly.
perhaps being bank hols he was having a bad day,
should have phoned my son. he sells the things. on hols in Portugal at the time tho'.
oh and I now have a lovely big 19 inch monitor. what a difference.