Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt sport?

snailspace171
Grafter

bt sport?

Hi
Now that plusnet supply BT sport........
........ I wanted to get BT sport and I have a sky box and card........... but I cancelled my subscription with sky.
Can I get BT sport without having to pay a monthly fee to sky?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: bt sport?

Yes you can, the BT Sport subscription is completely stand alone
Navigator
Hooked

I have been signed up with PlusNet since before the first service went live.

In more recent years PlusNet has  become a member of the BT family, (though thankfully retaining its own distinctive quality Customer Service provision).

I have been looking forward to the moment when the heralded PlusNet  provision of  BT Sport would become a reality on line for us.
I do hope that BT Sport will be made available through its wider family, once they've squeezed, for themselves, as much increased membership as they can from BT Sport provision. .

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am a bit puzzled by your post - BT Sport is already available https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/
If you are talking about BT TV aka YouView then that is being trialled at present http://community.plus.net/blog/2013/12/19/plusnet-is-looking-for-existing-customers-to-trial-its-tv-...
Navigator
Hooked

Oldjim.  Thank you for your prompt response.
            The clue is in my words "on line". ( BT Sport available on line for customers using BT as their ISP).
              I do not wish to set up Sky satellite receiver and box.
              As we are now part of the BT empire, I was hoping for some trickle down to PlusNet in due course.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

the web pages state that they are hoping to bring it in 2014..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mrdesign

I'm hoping that PlusNet sort something out soon for customers like me who want nothing to do with Sky TV. I invested in a Humax FreeSat PVR for satellite TV so I didn't have to use Sky.  (I can't receive FreeView)
I would love to be able to subscribe to the BT Sports channels but the only options for me are 1) Leave PlusNet for BT 2) Wait and hope. If the trial last December went well surely we ought to be hearing about a YouView box / Fibre / BT Sports deal soon. Hmm?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Option 3 - Buy a secondhand B$kyB box, plug it into the LNB on your dish (you may need to change the LNB for one with more outputs) and get a BT Sport viewing card from PN