cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt blaming plusnet for my account issues...

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

bt blaming plusnet for my account issues...

Today ive got 3 e-mails from bt, one says we are sorry to see u have cancelled your phone with us. Second e-mail says "thanks for your new order of broadband this will be set up on the 11 aug 2012. eh ?
My 3rd e-mail says as of today my broadband is setup and ill be getting charged £22 month, these e-mails have ref numbers ive paste them into bt "order stattus" page and what ?? its true they have set me up a 12 month conrtact for broadband lol
This is the sort of problems i was always getting when at bt and ive been at plusnet almost 4 weeks now and bt is still messing me around.
again ill have to ring them... i wish i never ever ever signed up to bt
14 REPLIES 14
St3
Aspiring Champion

Re: What is bt doing to me ?

Ive just spoken to bt who have informed me that plusnet have not used my MAC code to sign me upto their services, apparently ive been moved onto a new line and my MAC was never used, this is why bt have opened me a new account for broadband as my MAC code was not used at plusnet.
Bt said i had to contact plusnet to ask why my MAC code has never been used, Ive no complaints with plusnet and i dont know if this is bt or plusnet fault, i just want to know that my account here at plusnet is fine and will this error that bt state is plusnets fault will this affect any of my services?Huh
Bt have now cancelled my services and they say ill get a letter in a couple of days they also said because of this error a may have charges to pay which would be refunded a month after..... what a total joke. Bt billing support department said plusnet were the ones at fault.
Can someone please look into this and give me some kind of idea in whats going on?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: bt blaming plusnet for my account issues...

The Digital Care Team staff who monitor the forums and could check what's happening might not visit again until Monday. If you need a response before then I suggest giving the CSC a ring on 0800 432 0200.
David
St3
Aspiring Champion

ill wait till monday as my internet is not affected atm.
St3
Aspiring Champion

Anyone free from plusnet staff who has 5 mins to look into this please ?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
We can't migrate you to us without a MAC.  Installing a new line and order broadband is daft as it would cost us more Smiley
From your signup ticket:

MAC Code: LLLL111111/AA11A (I've changed this so your actual MAC isn't in this thread)
MAC Valid: Y
MAC Expiry: 10-AUG-12
MAC Info: The MAC is valid and in-date for this Installation

It just sounds like BT didn't receive notification that your account had moved away.
Let me know if you need any more help.
St3
Aspiring Champion

Can you get in touch with BT and give them notification that ive been moved over for a couple of weeks now. Then Bt have proof that my MAC was used.
BT is going to be sending me paperwork soon and i dont want to be charged in anyway for them not knowing i moved to plusnet.
James
Grafter

That's something you will need to pick up with them.
I would recommend following their complaints procedure and raise a written complaint through http://bt.com
They can merely run a tags check against your number and they'll see that you are no longer with them. For the record, I've just done this and can see that you are with us, not them.
St3
Aspiring Champion

I wont be doing this, as bt said speak with you and you say speak with them, im not prepared to be piggy in the middle. Im not sure who got it wrong as both parties blame each other. Ill wait for my paperwork to come and see whats said, i just want to be done with bt and carry on as i am here, i just hope theres no account issues here in the near future due to what bt said about my MAC code not being used.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: ukste
bt said speak with you and you say speak with them

Looking from outside:
1. Everything regarding PlusNet is working normally, no problems.
2. BT Retail you have a problem with, they are blaming PN but have produced no evidence to you.
Just a reminder, using a MAC does NOT actually give notice on your "departing" contract. You do need to talk to that supplier at an appropriate time (not too early) to tie up loose ends, it's not clear if you did that until  a "problem" appeared. That said whatever you did shouldn't produce what you say BT Retail are claiming.
You do need to talk to BT Retail (not PlusNet) to sort out any outstanding bill from ending your contract with them.
James
Grafter

Quote from: ukste
I wont be doing this, as bt said speak with you and you say speak with them, im not prepared to be piggy in the middle. Im not sure who got it wrong as both parties blame each other. Ill wait for my paperwork to come and see whats said, i just want to be done with bt and carry on as i am here, i just hope theres no account issues here in the near future due to what bt said about my MAC code not being used.

I appreciate that this is a bit of a pain, but you need to consider that your issue is with BT, not with Plusnet. The information that BT have given you is incorrect, that is not of our making.
St3
Aspiring Champion

yes i totally understand what both of you are saying i also agree it was BT issue, when i spoke to them they would not accept this and put the blame onto PN. I contacted bt and gave them 30 days notice that i would be switching providers, i did everything as i should. This is one reason im moving as ive had many issues with BT and many times them giving me misleading information.
My accounts here with plusnet are fine and i am happy, i just wanted to tell you what BT told me to say, as a customer you can only go off the imformation your told over the phone.
Im waiting for paperwork from BT which they said they would send out this week, hopefully everything will be fine if bt try to charge me any extra charges for this error than i will be seeking legal advice.
Ive thought about complaining to BT but will anything really happen? In the past ive spoke to their complaints department 7 times and each time ive been promised the world and they have said sorry for mistakes to my accounts, but each time after somthing else has gone wrong.
You know when i joined bt i was 8 months into my contract when i came hame, found no net connection contacted bt they said i had phoned them to rquest my net be cancelled, i was without net for 3 weeks, then they got my net back but put me onto a new contract and charged and billed me cancallation charges, which took amonth to get back.... this is just some of the issues i had. And not once did they offer me any compo!
This again is why im sick of contacting BT...
I hear BT own plusnet now and if things ever change and support gets as sloppy as BT then im off, another reason why i joined the no contract deal  ( 1 months notice ).
Yes ive had a rant but now maybe you understand why im sick of being told one thing then another... Sad
But ofc im with plusnet and so far im happy you do offer good packages and support is good and i am greatful,  hope you understand this is not a rant at plusnet, i was only reporting what BT told me.
James
Grafter

That's why I have suggested filling in their complaint form - it will likely be treated with more care than the generic forms of contact.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

ukste:  Do you use Twitter?  It might be worth messaging @BTcare as they are pretty good at getting tangled things like this sorted.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
St3
Aspiring Champion

nope sorry. i just want to get my final bill out the way and leave. The thought of BT stresses me out....