cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadbandchoices jan speed table

scootie
Grafter

broadbandchoices jan speed table

glad to see plusnet at postion 2 only beaten to top spot by Karoo (Kingston Upon Hull area only) so looks like postion 1 for plusnet in all fairness.
nice to see a adsl2 provider aka o2 in 3rd place Grin
http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/partner-SpeedDemonEmail~Feb09~16~CID135610/broadband-speed-league-...
7 REPLIES 7
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: broadbandchoices jan speed table

Quote from: ASBO
nice to see a adsl2 provider aka o2 in 3rd place Grin

Put your specs on  Grin
"This table compares broadband suppliers with medium broadband packages of up to 8Mb."
(O2 offer packages in some areas on the Be ADSL2+ platform and in others on standard BT kit Wink )
scootie
Grafter

yes i did spot that after posting but thought i would give some one the pleasure of a smartie post to reply with. Crazy
im sure that my sisters o2 8mb package was delverd by adsl2 in fact yes it was because she had over a 1000kbps upload speed.
so does this speed result count those o2 users on the upto 8mb package that use adsl2.
and in 02 capping the down sync does that not affect users that would sync at my adsl 3500kbps having the increase adsl2 gives and they then sync above the adsl rate giving a better thoughput but still classed as upto8mb.
HP get your specs on and do some googling to beable dismiss this as false or true Grin
HPsauce
Pro

I don't think it will make much difference really, though in theory it could in such a table.
There's a "window" between about 2km and 3km line length where ADSL2+ can exceed 8meg but ADSL1 is just below it.
However the difference isn't great and on longer lines isn't much either as performance converges with distance.
So my feeling is that "8meg capped" ADSL2+ will not differ much overall from ADSL1.
Lurker
Grafter

In the past, speed test results from that site have been debunked as completely inaccurate.
Discuss.
HPsauce
Pro

And, just being mischievous, how many PN customers on the ADSL2+ trial are included in their sample..... Roll_eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

In the past, speed test results from that site have been debunked as completely inaccurate.

why should we debunk the rubbish, they proved PlusNet are good Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
techguy
Grafter

These rankings are pure bunkem in my opinion because of course no account of line quality qhich can obviously sway the result.
Of course though the most important thing when choosing an ISP is price and service.
PN definitely tick the latter box.  Smiley