cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bought netgear DG834G v4 what settings do i need for my plus net connection

scootie
Grafter

bought netgear DG834G v4 what settings do i need for my plus net connection

before i set it up i would like to know if i need to put any settings in to make it work with plus net.
i know username password but not things like annex sort of settings.
would be a great help if i had this settings before connecting the router up.
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: bought netgear DG834G v4 what settings do i need for my plus net connection

Hi Scootie,
This page should give you everything that you need:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/help_and_setup/connections_settings.shtml
scootie
Grafter

cheers jamesh. shows how good plus net surrport is. because im like a big kid with new toys so having a reply to a problem before i was tempted to connect it was great.
scootie
Grafter

o.k set it up all perfect got routerstats lite running and my snr is steady as a rock now. cant get a starighter line.plus router is telling me line atten is now 52db where it was 53db.
now before i had an extension cable runing to my router and the snr was rubbish i use to use the dmt tool to get some speed out my line.
but i dont think dmt works with netgear dgb111g. as my snr is steady as a rock now i would like my default snr setting back to 6 or 9 so do i need to raise a ticket to get this to happen?
i think my default is about 15 at the mo
paulby
Grafter

You'll need to raise a ticket requesting that your SNR be reset to 6db.
James
Grafter

As above Smiley
scootie
Grafter

do u think i should get set to 6. if its not stable at 6 will it only go up to 9db?
James
Grafter

Yeah.
It'll basically find the most stable level with increments of 3dB.
scootie
Grafter

well my ticket to have my snr reduced has come back with a reply that bt will automatically lower my snr when line has bein stable for length of time. yeah right just like there so quick to answer there phones when u ring bt.
any way manged to get dmt tool to work with the dg834g v4 by turning telnet on my vista machine.
snr down to 12 with a sync of 3600 ish so should give me 3000 profile which i will be happy with.
but i do not want to turn my router off as when i used dmt with the voyager 210 on reboot dslam set snr back to its default.
any one know if this is same with dg834g?
put all sercuirty features on ie wpa2 psk, hidden ssid,and set rules that only my 2 computers mac address can connect to router
yet when i came down this morning a noticed that the wirless light was flashing now and then is this normall?
and also since setting up i noticed the internet light blinks every about 7 secs on the dot even when not in use is this also normal?
if any one bought the netgear wg111 wireless usb dongle thing or got it bundeled with the router and have tryed to use it with mac os x.
i know how to get it working u need the realtex driver RTL8187L http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&DownTyp...
in network config it is detected as ethernet but the realtek app has all the bells and whistles to setup wpa encpt ect.