cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

belkin router

Teds31
Grafter

belkin router

I have a problem with my Daughters computer it crashed and the only way back was to format the disc and reinstall windows XP she has a belkin wireless router which runs a laptop,a Xbox and the desktop which is the problem,the laptop and the Xbox both work on the internet fine but I cant get the PC back on line.When I open internet connections there is only one icon "1394 Connection" and this shows connected,but on my computer which runs with a wireless router,there is two icons the other is "Local Area Connection".Can anyone help.please..The PC is connected to the router by cable via ethernet connection.
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: belkin router

Sounds like you have not installed the motherboad chipset drivers which would then enable the on-board ethernet controller and possibly improved drivers for hard disk, graphics and sound.
or
The ethernet port is disabled in the BIOS settings
If you look in device manager, you may see several unrecognised devices.
If you don't have a CD with the mobo chipset drivers on that came with the PC, find the PC make/model and download them from the PC manufacturers website or if different, find the mobo make/model and download if from the motherboard manufacturers website.

Teds31
Grafter

thanks Peter will try that as soon as I can get down there.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

If you can't figure that out, and assuming it's got working USB ports, a cheap USB to Ethernet adapter will do the trick.
I've seen them as cheap as £2.50  Crazy though the ones I've used are about £15.