cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any views on the best wireless router to buy?

scootie
Grafter

any views on the best wireless router to buy?

thinking of geting a wireless router. havent botherd so far as all the problems they seem to have now an then.
i want one that can hold on to low snr heard netgear r good for that. plus one that will fit on a shelf behind front door.
any veiws on which to not get and which r top notch?. price dosent matter
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: any views on the best wireless router to buy?

3 bed. seem to pick up other peoples signal from all rooms so dont think walls would affect signal to much. but then again i belive signal passes glass alot better than walls.
more intersted in the routers abilty to hold sync snr on bts line. so whats the average distance wireless signals brodcast to before degrade in singal speed
hamou812

Whatever you do keep away from Belkin,,,very inconsistent. Netgear are far more stable.
Denzil
Grafter

I've just bought a DG834G. I'm on the end of a long phone line with 61dB reported attenuation, and it is holding on just fine. Getting much faster speeds than expected as well.
notheruser
Grafter

I'd agree with previous posts - IME Netgear are as good as it gets - had awful problems with LinkSys, and their support is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.
puddy
Grafter

The speedtouch 716wlv5 or later model 780 have 2 voip ports so you can make use of those voip allowance minutes (I get 240 every month) or free sip to sip calls
They hold on to the signal also they have individual codes  ssid/password on the underneath so are very secure when used.  saves working out and /or losing passwords (wpa2)
you get 2 high qualilty filters included price about £60.
But if i had the money it would be draytek every time
puddy