Did you mean: 

adsl activation check

Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: adsl activation check

Hey There,
Thank you for your patience,
They're still insistent that there is an "incompatible technology" on the line relating to the PSTN (Phone Line).
If you're able to get back onto your provider, find out what phone package you have, and such, there has to be something somewhere which is preventing the service from being transferred.
There are two ways about this:
1) Your current provider identifies the problem and resolves it.
2) We transfer the telephone line over first, and then provide broadband service once we "own" the telephone line - Downside: ~7 days without broadband.
Sorry that it's not the response you were hoping for,
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

As stated BE has told me there's nothing on their end to disrupt any migration happening. My phone provider is BT with Unlimited Weekend Plan and not with BE.. I've been with BT for a very long time so no contract that can be of any problems moving.
I doubt that would be the cause of this issue from happening?
It has to be with BT side of the matter but surely they can resolve this without me having to move my line over to Plusnet first?
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Thanks for getting back to me.
To be honest, I've no idea what this "incompatible product" is - But whatever it is, is associated with the phone line (BT Retail) - In order to find this out, you'd have to contact your phone provider (BT Retail).
We're unable to find any more information than what we have already.
There are realistically 2 options:
1) You locate what this incompatible product is by contacting BT Retail (Your phone provider)
2) You transfer your phone line to us first, I've been advised that this won't cause a loss of service, as the phone number should remain the same.
I apologise for the length of time taken to sort this out thus far, but there isn't really anything else that we can do on this occasion.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

I've just spoken to BT and they've told me that there isn't any 'incompatible product' on my account (line) which would stop me from moving at all. She told me its rather confusing as BT is owned by Plusnet and should not be a problem with migration.
If i moved my phone line first will there still be a period where i won't have internet? The problem is it's absolutely essential for me to have internet.
So after all this, is my only option is to move my phone line first? Surely this can't be how it should be because what if I only took your broadband service and not both broadband and phone together?!
This is rather frustrating to say the least!
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Hey,
I appreciate this is frustrating for you, it's also frustrating for me too, I wish I knew exactly what was stopping it.
I've just discussed with one of my colleagues in the Provisions department, they have advised that even if we switch over the line to us first, it may not clear the problem.
There will be something registered to the line somewhere, which is preventing the transfer of the broadband service. The person you spoke to at BT may have been referring to transferring the phone service, which this particular problem wouldn't affect.
Problems like this are very annoying, confusing, and nobody seems to be able to help or know what to look for. Sadly, BT Wholesale are unable to provide any information other than what we've been given already.
I wish I was able to give you more details, but sadly I can't.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

So what do I do now if my phone line transfers to Plusnet and this 'incompatible product' remains? BT will tell the same thing if i call them up again and will probably suggest i talk with Plusnet about this problem which no one seems to know.
If that's the case how on earth am i going to resolve this given that BT and Plusnet lines realistically the same.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

I've been advised that if we transfer the phone line into our ownership, it may give us the ability to actually see what's associated with the line, giving us the ability to rectify the situation.
As it stands at the moment, we have no visibility of any of  the services attached to your line, thus unable to advise of what the product is.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

Can you let me know if there'll be any internet downtime when I transfer my phone to Plusnet and how soon you can do this for me. Would like to get plusnet up and running but it seems it will take longer than I expected and been much of annoyance. I'm pretty much screwed if I have no internet.
My BE connection is due to cancel on the 2nd of June July - so therefore will have plenty of time to make this transfer happen without (hopefully) any net disruption.
I haven't had to move my provider for over 6 years and never encountered this situation before.
If i had not gone with the phone + broadband I wonder how this would of been resolved :S
Really not a happy bunny right now having to extend my cancellation date as this should not of happened, but thanks for keeping me informed.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Good Morning,
I fully understand and appreciate that you're not happy with the way things are going. I wish things could be different and much easier for us both.
I can confirm that when we transfer the phone service, as long as the phone number stays the same (It should do because it's already within the BT network and just a change of provider) the broadband service will not be interrupted.
We can then work out what the cause of the broadband transfer troubles are.
However, We'll need you to generate a new MAC for the broadband after the 1st June when the current one expires.
I'll go ahead and get the phone transfer order placed for you, which will take about 14 days to go through - All the details will be attached to the ticket that I've already got open on your account.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm aware that i need to produce new mac code from 2nd of june as told by current provider.
If for any reason you cannot fix this cause of migration when phone is transferred to plusnet, what can you or i do then? Surely you'll be able to know the cause by then..
What would you say if i had only wanted broadband? That you can only provide me a solution to take out the phone too, to see whats causing this? This whole situation's bizzare.
I don't want this going balls up and me having to sign up for bt with a contract or involve me to switch again if problem to migrate still exists, which in all honesty shouldn't be happening.
I don't know what more i can do but to wait and see if you guys can sort this out.
Please also confirm with me no money will be withdrawn besides the upfront costs that I've paid, until this whole situation been rectified. I do not want any nasty surprises coming from my statements.
Ps. Im curious if this had been fibre would this of been a problem too?
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Hey there,
The least I can do is keep you up to date with everything.
To be perfectly honest, I can't see there being any problems with finding out what is associated with the line, if anything having control over the line will allows us to communicate with BT Wholesale and BT Openreach to find these things out.
If it was broadband only, We'd be insisting that the phone provider looks into it more rather than just saying "There isn't a problem"
I don't foresee any "balls up" but I guess that's just my optimism Smiley
I can confirm that no charges will be taken until service has gone active - At the moment you don't have a set billing date, because you're still in the stage before activation. Once your phone service goes active, the billing date will be set to that date, a month in advance.
So if your phone goes active on the 10th June, the billing date would be set to the 10th July. We'd then work out a pro-rata discount/refund for the broadband service.
With regards to Fibre, I have a strong feeling that the problem would still be there.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

Thanks again for response.
I can't recall any problems regarding my connection or any sort of 'tag' product that's preventing this move.
If you could specifically tell me the cause to prevent this from happening again, please let me know for reference.
I hope whatever the cause of problem won't happen if I decide to switch providers in the future.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Once we get to the bottom of this, we will certainly let you know. I will make sure of it.
Because I want to know what it is too!
Regards,
Matt