Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl activation check

bertoc
Dabbler

adsl activation check

Hi,
Just wanted to check that my adsl broadband will be up and running today? Only confirmation contact was an email stating my broadband should be live today (18/05/03)  which was a while back ago.
No other contact regarding connection/stages has been made since. WIll I be receiving a text message once its active?
Thanks!
27 REPLIES 27
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: adsl activation check

Good morning bertoc.
Welcome to the boards! Cheesy
I've taken a look into this for you and from what I can tell, the original order was cancelled as the exchange has been upgraded to 21CN (ADSL2+) so we've had to re-raise the order as a different type.
This has been done for you now, and I've raised a question on your account with the information. The order is due to complete on the 28th May, the charges you've paid already won't be used until the service goes active.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

Not very good start is it. - Would of been nice to be informed of this.  I received my router a couple days ago and was never informed of it being sent and thought all was good for today.
Would of liked to get some sort of email or text about all this. No communication since the 4th May..
ps. Will that effect my current  provider until plusnet takes over? I hope it  won't cut me off, but i do remember (thankfully) paying up till cancellation on 2nd June with them.
Thanks.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

I understand that it's not a very good start.
When orders are cancelled, we would usually get some kind of notification through, however, on this occasion, it hadn't happened. Otherwise we'd have re-placed the order a week ago for you.
The service with your current provider will continue to work up until the service transfers over to ourselves.
I will be closely monitoring the order as much as I can (I personally work Thursday to Sunday) to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

Thanks for the quick response and update. Please keep me posted if any changes occur.  I hope all will go smoothly.
cheers!
Mattz0r
Rising Star

I hope so too 🙂
Regards,
Matt
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Just an update for you,
I've checked the order for you and it's showing that the order is "issued" and still set for the 28th May.
I will check again on Thursday for you and provide another update.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

Thanks for that. I received a text yesterday which said my connection is due to become active by midnight 29th May..
Yes - please do provide update on Thursday.
Cheers!
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Quote from: bertoc
due to become active by midnight 29th May..

Our system will advice the day after in most cases.
Will update you as advised on Thursday.
Regards,
Matt
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Good Morning!
As promised, Here is your Thursday update.
Unfortunately, the order has been cancelled again. I've looked into the reason why and it indicates "incompatible products" - This means you'll have to contact your current provider and find out what this product may be.
Once you've found this out and had this "product" removed, we'll then be able to re-place the order.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

I've just spoken to my current provider and said that there shouldn't be a problem moving and nothing is restricted or any 'products' that need removing..
No problem with MAC address too so he said I should be able to move without any problems.
What else could be the cause :S
I'm kinda getting worried now cos my current provider is due to be cancelled on the 2nd June.

ps.if this helps my current phone is with BT and internet with BE.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Thanks for getting back to me,
I understand the worries.
I will get onto BT Wholesale to find out what is holding everything up.
Will be back with an update afterwards.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

Cheers Matt, Not had to change providers (phone or internet) for a long time now and I've not had problems before.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Hey there,
Still on with BT at the moment,
They are suggesting that your service has already been ceased...
But I've explained to them that you still have broadband access and that this is not the case.
Will provide another update as and when I get it for you.
Regards,
Matt
bertoc
Dabbler

Thanks for update. Awaiting further response