cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access is denied

weatherman
Grafter

access is denied

Angry  i am trying to resolve my non starting system, when booting from the XP CD I get to the C prompt try to enter MD TMP and get the acces denied message on the Microsoft site they mention this message but it appears to work when you are acually in windows not when you can't get rotten thing working at all, any help out there?
6 REPLIES 6
samuria
Grafter

Re: access is denied

It does work if you get that message either there is already a directory of that name. The disk is corrupt. The MFT table is corrupt or you are not logged in as admin. If it on your raid it can be windows cant see the drive as you havent loaded the raid drivers
weatherman
Grafter

:)thank you I forgot the raid drivers, it a long time since this happened before, seems to be working ok now but a lesson has been learned I will still go ahead and build another one though Smiley
weatherman
Grafter

Sad I have another problem, after shutting down & starting up again I am now stuck at the startup screen i.e. PRESS DEL TO RUN SETUP ETC I am now taking the whole box to someone with more knowledge than me I think it must be something to do with the bios  Sad
weatherman
Grafter

Smiley it has now decided to start with a message about overclocking with I have never done, so it is up and running again but I shall still have it looked at, thanks for your help  Smiley
samuria
Grafter

If its running ok or you can hit del on startup and in thee bios change things if you dont know what to do then there is an option to load defaults which will sort it out. It may have 2 options load fail safe or load optimum try the optimum first
weatherman
Grafter

Smiley it seems to be working ok now but due to the fact I had to re-write the system32 section of the boot up and this involves loading the defaults I am now trying to get my Logitec bluetooth keyboard working but thats just a case of finding the time Thanks  Smiley Smiley