Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone Alarm

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Zone Alarm

Many years ago I used Zone Alarm firewall, but with a number of PC changes it just got side-lined in favour (because it was already there, rather than any other tech reason) of Windows Defender. But following advice in these forums, I decided it may be a good idea to reinstate ZA. I duly downloaded what I thought was the free ZA firewall, but found after installation it seemed to be an entire AV suite, which seemed to require me to disable the resident AVG 8 and MS Defender etc. ( I have uninstalled the ZA) 
That is not what I was looking for, I was hoping just to be able to use ZA firewall as an added protection, not the main AV programme (I'm otherwise quite happy with AVG)
So, have I found the wrong programme? if so which (if available) is the stand-alone (free) ZA firewall? 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES 5
artificer
Grafter

Re: Zone Alarm

visit zonelabs.com for zone alarm.
bobboulby
Grafter

petlew
Pro

Ah. thank you bobboulby (and artificer) that's what I was looking for.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Also the free version gives you the option at install time to try the full pro product for 30 days. This may have been what confused you if you said yes.
petlew
Pro

Yes, quite right Peter it was.