Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip goes a folder? Or not?

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Zip goes a folder? Or not?

I have several graphs in jpeg format. If I place them in a folder and zip it, will I be permitted to upload it as an attachment to my post?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
5 REPLIES 5
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Zip goes a folder? Or not?

Zip isn't an allowed format, perhaps you could rename the zip file to one of the allowed types and upload that?

AttachmentsAttachments

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

So how big are these files? If they're only graphs they shouldn't need to be very high definition. If they are too big then why not reduce their size? Options for doing this include photo editing programes (I use photoshop elements), on line free services or downloaded free compression software. Another way would be to print them then rescan the print at lower resolution.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

The number of files was the problem. I do have photo s/ware, but it would be tediously time consuming.

Worked around by bulk conversion to PDFs and binding them in 1 file.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luzern - It may be moot but FWIW most, if not all, graphics software should allow you to batch convert / resize without being overly tedious.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Luzern

@Luzern wrote:

The number of files was the problem. I do have photo s/ware, but it would be tediously time consuming.

Worked around by bulk conversion to PDFs and binding them in 1 file.

Super fast File resizing prog....

Fastimageresizer    https://adionsoft.net/fastimageresize/  its free ! !

and you can get the resized images in your existing folder location in a NEW folder called "Resized"... so all your copies are in the same location.

simple to use... just drag and drop as many as you like on to the icon on the desktop, and within seconds they are all done and dusted...