cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE F102 Phone

penneck
Aspiring Pro

ZTE F102 Phone

You know how you use a mobile phone as a camera or a video camera. Does anyone know how to get video from a ZTE F102 phone to a pc. I can transfer photos to my pc, but not videos because they are recorded in some strange format (.3pg?) and, though my pc can see it, my pc rejects it. because of that format. I have installed on my pc the software that comes with the phone, and it is that software that I use to transfer the photos (succesfully) or the video (failing).
There is supposed to be some way of recording videos on this phone as mpeg4 (?) which might transfer because I can watch mpeg4 video on my pc, but I cannort find how to persuade this phone to record in that format.
To add to that, I received a message yesterday which included a video which I want to get to my pc. I have (unfortunately?) moved this video into a user folder. From here I can only forward it (to another phone?), delete it, or reply to it
Any thoughts of how to solve these two problems?
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
computing50yrs
Grafter

Re: ZTE F102 Phone

Doing a search on google using "play .3pg video" came up with several options to download free or paid for programs, but I prefer downloading VLC media player as that seems capable of playing virtually every different format video and its free as well.  Its much better that windows media player
its found here
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
Mav
Fixes: 514

I agree with using VLC Player.
Y HTC phone saves 1080p videos as 3pg and I simply drag them to a folder on the PC and VLC Player plays them without any problems.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

zedingrove
Grafter

There is a program called 3gp player which mimic. Plays 3gp files on pc as intended on phone
penneck
Aspiring Pro

thankyou for all your suggestions.
At the moment my phone saves the videos as mp4, and my pc will play mp4. I have plenty of mp4 files om my pc to confirm this. I have also tried saving videos on my phone as 3pg files, but I have the same problem whichever format the video is in. The problem seems to be getting the file from my phone to my pc. The download software that comes on a CD with my phone, and which I have installed on my pc, rejects the video file when I try to copy it across to my pc. The same software quite happily transfers photos, it just doesn't like video.
Strange!
Mav
Fixes: 514

If it is an Android phone then why not try MyPhone Explorer?
You will still need the drivers installed from the manufacturer but it is a simple program to use.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

zedingrove
Grafter

Here bruv you are going about in the wrong way, used to have a ZTE racer....
All you need to do is when you plug your phone into your pc via usb, cancel anything which attempts to load, ie S/W which came with phone, once done goto my computer? you will see pc has loaded a flash drive which is exactly what it is, open and depending how setup look for DCIM or downloads or media files from there you can copy and paste.
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Problem solved. I had contacted 3 about this, but they didn't exactly rush to get back to me. However, they phoned me today, and showed me how to do it - basically copy & paste within the software that they supplied with the phone. I had tried copy & paste, but I copied the file from their software then tried pasting it where I wanted it using Windows Explorer. That didn't work, but the 3 software was a bit like Win Explorer.
Thanks for all the help
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Just a little bit of news. Because the VLC Player didn't solve the problem with getting videos from my phone to my pc, I went into Control Panel to uninstall it. It wasn't included in the list of programs, but what was included in the list was (1) some zip thing  called something like 7-Zip, and (2) Intell  IQ Installer (or something along those lines), both of which I installed from the same place I got the VLC Player. I uninstalled the zip thing, and then I went to uninstall the IQ Install thing. The Intell  IQ Installer refused to go saying there was some file missing from my pc.
I rebooted my pc and it started coming up with a message on the Desktop - the message supposedly coming from Nero and saying that the program requires file "advcrntr2.dll" which wasn't found. It repeated that 3 times then came p with a new message, this time from InCDgui stating "error in your installation. Your installation is corrupt - please reinstall this product"
I tried to uninstall Nero but it wouldn't go, and every time I rebooted my pc, my pc got slower and slower. I couldn't access Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer or anything that was started from icons on the desktop.
In the end I rebooted into Safe Mode and did a System Restore from two days ago. My pc now seems to be okay - as quick as it was before today, no error messages, the icons work, and according to Control Panel that Intell  IQ Installer has gone.
Hopefuly, my pc is  okay now
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

There's nothing bad about 7-zip nor VLC, the problem was the place where you got them from. You don't even need to install VLC, if you download it as a zip file then you can just unzip it then run it.
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Yes I agree with ejs that the problem was the source of the 7-zip file, etc, so I am not blaming either program.
Thanks for everyones help