cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview update

slt76
Grafter

Re: Youview update

So 6 mths after starting this there appears to be no news. How long is a trial????
The fibre cabs in my village are in and the fibre pull is nearly done. All ready to go by June apparently.
I'll be off to BT as soon as it lands for the TV service. Plusnet you really do have some catching up to do. Customer service call times appear to have gone through the roof and you are getting caught out now by not offering a TV service. Being cheap alone won't work forever.
symo

I've been eagerly awaiting a TV service from PlusNet for over a year. It's rubbish they started a trial and got peoples hopes up and then failed to keep people updated. However after discovering NOW TV and also owning a smart TV it makes me think that PlusNet have realised that YOUVIEW is now an outdated and unnecessary format to invest in.
All TV networks now offer decent catch up services taking away the need to record anything. The main attraction of the BT&Talktalk service was that you could tap into the main channels you want from Sky but this is now possible from the brilliant NOW TV box which works out as virtually free (It pains me to say as the owner of Sky is a horrible man Angry but as all the Parliamentary Enquiries prove 'If you can't beet them join them'!) - You can tap into Sky Sports and Movies when you know you have the time and they actually have something you want to watch rather than paying crazy monthly fees. You can also stream to 4 devices.
My total bill for TV, Phone and reliable Fibre Broadband (don't prove me wrong now PlusNet!) is around £37 Cool BT, Sky & Virgin all well over £70 + contracts!
PlusNet should be giving us FREE streaming access to BT Sport though!
slt76
Grafter

Oh well, I'll take the resounding silence from PN on this as confirmation that you either don't know or can't be bothered to share your plans.
Fibres have been blown and the cabs are now being tested in my village. Roll on BT and goodbye plusnet. Contract ends in May but if Fibre lands sooner I’ll be off quicker regardless of any buy out costs.
If you’re not going to move with the times I guess you’ll be losing many more customers as streamed TV becomes the norm in the coming years.
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: slt76
So 6 mths after starting this there appears to be no news. How long is a trial????

I'm on the fttp trial, I think it's been going 5 years now  Wink
richandsian
Grafter

Is this even still an active trial?  Undecided
popeyeuk
Grafter

The silence is deafening...  Lips_are_sealed Lips_are_sealed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

That's Bank Holidays for you Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
richandsian
Grafter

These bank holidays seem to last longer and longer...  Smiley