cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview Trial

shamus
Grafter

Re: Youview Trial

If the rumoured secret forum for the trial actually exists, it might be an idea for Plusnet to give access to all people who have been accepted onto the trial irrespective of whether they have received the equipment or not. They can then raise their questions without fear of breaching the NDA etc...
picbits
Rising Star

That sounds like a very good idea for those who are potentially in "limbo" not knowing if / when they may get their equipment etc.
Muttley62
Grafter

Quote from: w23
I'm saying absolutely nothing but I might be interested in the answer to this question.

Same here.
leonlewis
Dabbler

Just a quick update.  Any successful TV Trial applicants who have not yet recieved their YouView box will be contacted before the end of March with an update of when they can expect to receive their YouView box.
picbits
Rising Star

Thanks for the update Leon Smiley
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Thanks for the update Leon! Cheesy
ralphs

just out of pure interest, is youview still likely to happen or has it been abandoned?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The trials have started already and are ongoing. If you applied to take part in the trial, you should have been contacted.
sturose
Grafter

What has happened to the trial, I was accepted but no contact since I received an email about a delay at the end of march.
No communication since, is there anyone I can contact to get an update?
mikealexander
Grafter

Same here. The last email I received from Plusnet on the trial was on 26 March, which said they'd be back in touch in April with a further update. It's now getting towards the middle of May and I still haven't heard anything. I raised a support ticket to the trials team on Thursday last week, but haven't had any response as yet.
Normally Plusnet are very good at communicating with their customers (one of the reasons I've been with them for almost 9 years thus far), but it feels like they've dropped the ball on this one. Even another "it's taking longer than we anticipated, but please bear with us" email would be better than nothing at all.
adie:quote
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Youview is badly broken. Plusnet can't make it work.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

sturose
Grafter

Would be nice if someone from the plusnet staff could give us an update. I'm waiting to see how this TV stuff pans out in the hope I can ditch sky's ever increasing prices! (Depending on the final cost of plusnets TV service)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: vilefoxdemonofdoom
Youview is badly broken. Plusnet can't make it work.

and your evidence is?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If Plusnet want a bug fixing, they have to file it with Youview who have to file it with the manufacturer (probably Humax).
The manufacturer has little incentive to fix it and Plusnet have a stupendously long lead time to receive the fix.
There are many bugs. Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

AndyH
Grafter

Are you on the trial? If so, you shouldn't be making comments like that (or talking about the trial at all).